Every year around this time we get sentimental, thinking about the artists we’ve lost along the way.
Here are just a few of the artists we lost this year:
- The Queen of Soul, Ms. Aretha Franklin
- Burt Reynolds, who indeed had a musical career—check out his duet with Dolly Parton in the playlist below
- Rapper Mac Miller
- Ed King of Lynard Skynard
- Sweedish DJ and musician Aviici
- Joe Jackson of the Jackson 5
- Vinne Paul, the founder of Pantera
- Rising rapper XXXTentacion
- Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Danny Kirwan
- Frightened Rabbits singer and songwriter Scott Hutchinson
- The Temptations’ lead singer Dennis Edwards
- Mark Salling, Puck from the television show Glee
- Dolores O’Riordan of The Cranberries
EDIT: Since scheduling this post, we also lost funny gal Penny Marshall. We’ve included the Laverne and Shirley TV theme song in the Spotify list.