The past few international events have had attendees including world leaders and celebrities. Pharrell Williams, the singer-songwriter, has been heavily involved with the event as a spokesman and the composer of the worldwide hit “Happy.” In fact, an innovative part of the 2013 celebrations was the first-ever 24-hour global live streaming video of this very song.
And, of course, you can find Pharrell’s song in this playlist I have curated of songs about being happy and joyful. Currently it has 100 songs, but as usual, if you have some suggestions for me to add to this playlist, list them in the comments.
If you want to create a profile on this theme, why not give your riders some science-based suggestions to increase their happiness?
This article lists 24 habits that psychologists and social science researchers have found that have the power to lift your spirits and keep them high. A few of them are:
- Write down what you are grateful for.
- Feel a sense of awe: go on a hike or gaze up at the stars.
- Get outside. (And I’ll add, get on your bike!)
- Listen to sad songs. (Yup! That’s one of the suggestions!)
- Set specific goals you know you can achieve. This helps give your life purpose.
- Make time for friends. (That’s why we love our riders, amiright? We get to exercise with our friends!)
- Positive mental attitude: be both an optimist and a realist.
- Master a skill.
- Work out. (And, of course, I will add, take more cycling classes!)