Would you like to share your most exciting profile with instructors around the world?
Would you like to see your name in lights, with adoring fans shouting out your name as they teach your profile in their classes?
OK…that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but WE at ICA will be your adoring fans and we know our community would love to see what your favorite theme ride is. Will you share it with us?
Announcing a theme-ride profile contest here at ICA!
Submit a profile (on our Quick Profile template linked below) using any one of our theme ride playlists (or one of your own). You’ll have the chance to win a full-year membership at ICA. Second place is 6 months free, third place is 3 months, and fourth and fifth place will get 1 month free. Plus you’ll have all the glory and bragging rights of being featured on ICA!
Here are some of the playlists we either don’t have profiles for or that we’d like to see new ones created for (if these don’t excite you, feel free to submit your own favorite theme):
Here are a few things to keep in mind you put your profile together:
• It can be any theme, whether a holiday, a seasonal event, certain music, a word or a concept, or any one of our fun Theme Ride Thursday playlists.
• The profile needs to be quickly understood by any instructor reading it, so double check before sending it. Follow the profile guidelines and style sheet linked below. All profiles will go through our editorial process.
• In addition to being a theme ride for fun, it should also be based on a sound training objective.
• For intensity, you can use power zones, heart rate zones (based on LT, not on MHR), or RPE.
• Include rpm and bpm. If you don’t ride to the beat, that’s OK, but please indicate that in the introduction.
• Include a few cues for each song. These are theme rides so feel free to include some theme-related cues.
• Profiles can be anywhere from 45 to 60 minutes; however, if it’s 60 minutes, please include a suggestion on how to shorten the profile for those with shorter classes.
Please submit your profiles to email@example.com no later than March 31, 2019.
The ICA team will vote on the winners based on the following criteria:
• Technically and physiologically sound profile
• Well written (less work for our editorial team)
• Can be easily followed by other instructors
• Great or clever use of the music and theme
That doesn’t mean it has to be complicated…on the contrary! Sometimes the simplest profiles are the best. Here’s a hint…simpler profiles work really well when trying to incorporate songs from a playlist.
Please copy our Google Docs template to create a version you can work from. Follow our style sheet and our Quick Profile Guidelines, then submit your profiles to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 31, 2019. Hopefully you’ve seen our profiles, so you have a general idea what we are looking for. If you are unsure, please look through our Quick Profiles to get a sense of how to present yours.
All profiles submitted and accepted may be featured in future posts and will be edited by our editorial team prior to posting. (Contributors will be active in the editing process.)